Monica Chopra (The Eco Trunk)
[Image Courtesy – Monica Chopra]
In this episode I’m talking to Monica Chopra, who is an entrepreneur and has built up a company named The Eco Trunk which curates eco friendly products on their online store, to help people live a conscious lifestyle of Veganism. She herself is a Vegan and cares a lot about the environment and the carbon footprint.
In this conversation we talk a wide variety of things starting from her own story. Leaving a high paying career to finally go forward to her calling and building up The Eco Trunk from scratch. How our environment is getting worse and what measures we can take as individuals to reduce our carbon foot prints. We also talk about challenges she faced as a young entrepreneur and go In detail about the issues like pain points of the modern online stores like package delivery system and sustaining the company.
So without further adieu, please enjoy this conversation with Monica Chopra.
Links and references from the episode –
Person’s mentioned in this episode –
- Uma (Auroville)
- Rajat (Friend)
Books mentioned –
Interesting references –
- Upasana (Auroville)
- The landfill problem and it’s effects
- Where silk comes from
- Kanjeevaram Saree / Kanchipuram Silk
- Art Silk (Rayon)
- Bamboo Silk
- Banana Sylk
- Wood Fibre with sheen like silk
- Linen fabric
- Khadi fabric
- Vipassana Meditation
- Bullet points for starting off with Minimalism –
- Start asking yourself at the buying stage if you are gonna use it for a really long time?
- Start buying organic (Bamboo clothing / organic hemp clothing )
- And at the end of its lifecycle where is it gonna end up, is it biodegradable?
- Vegetarian meat by GoodDot
- Eat that frog by Brian Tracy – Book mentioned by Himanshu in response to Monica’s advise of doing the important things first in the morning.
- She did a Nutrition Course after she turned vegan.
- Mangoes from Vrindavan Farms
- Impossible Burger (Himanshu mentioned) – Their website | A great vlogger comparing it with normal meat burger.
- Music she listens to –
- Few Eco Friendly daily use products she recommends –
Links mentioned by Monica –
Listen to this podcast on one of your favourite platforms –
My Twitter handle: twitter.com/h1m4n5hu
Credits and License:
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook community group!