Making new year resolutions has now become a habit, which I want to keep on cultivating because it helps me move in the right direction throughout the year. I tend to go back each month to this resolution list and see my progress. It is an interesting and forward-moving process.
2018 is over and a new year (2019) is here. For this year’s new year resolutions list, I’m again putting in a few fresh resolutions and keeping a few from the last year.
For me, the resolution list includes a few good habits I want to encourage, some new things I want to explore and last but not the least a few things from last year which I really wanted to accomplish but couldn’t somehow.
Here you go.
New year resolutions – 2019
First off report of my last year’s resolutions.
- Learn to Swim – I didn’t learn to swim even at the end of 2018. But I started and that’s a win for me. I’m currently learning the basics and hopeful to swim good enough in the first quarter of 2019.
- Write a book – I was able to make the framework and skeleton of the book but then the whole idea of the book I was trying to do, felt a little overdone by many authors already. But in the process of researching and preparing for the book I learned a good amount of tips and tricks of this trade. I’m not shelving this project, I’m going full force in 2019 for my book.
- Run 1000 KM. [83.33KMs per month | 20.83 Per week]
- Meditate every day – I meditated more than ever in 2018. Averaged out almost 4 days a week the whole year. So it was a win plus it gave my life a whole new perspective.
- Read 1 book every 1 month – I couldn’t do it. I read almost 4 books only this past year so instead of 1 book a month I did 1 book every quarter. In 2019 I want to at least come down to 1 book every 45 days.
- Blog every week – In 2018 I just wrote 9 posts apart from Saturday-Pentacle, which was a huge let down for me (goal was 52 posts). I fell completely out of the course.
- Put more value in the Blog for readers – I worked on this aspect and put in a few freebies (digital downloads) which readers can use to enhance their productivity. Also did a few automation tasks to smoothen the whole subscription and publishing workflow.
- Try to do something new every month – I was able to accomplish much of this resolution to my surprise. I tried various new things this past year like trying a completely new diet, trying out photography compositions out of my comfort zone. Learning to do some new technical (as in coding) things and many more. So I feel I did a better job on this one.
- Travel to 12 places where I’ve never been. Even though I visited 12 cities overall in the year but some of them I re-visited. So they may not count. Still, I travelled even if not more than last year but I did as much in 2018. I want to travel much more in 2019.
- Taste 12 type of wines (Indian or Foreign) – I went for a vineyard tour last year but still I couldn’t taste 12 but I did taste 6 wines overall. 4 completely new.
Here are the top 10 new year resolutions for this year – 2019.
- Learn to Swim – I started to learn swimming at the end of 2018 so I want to finish this goal off in 2019.
- Write a book – I want to finish it before July. So I’m going to put more consistency in doing this.
- Mixing running with cycling – this year 700 KMs [13.46 KMs per week] of running & 1500 KMs [28.84 KMs per week] of Cycling. I think I can achieve this goal this year without much difficulty. Let’s see. Secondly, I also wanna try out trail running this year with my friend Amit’s Unived Trail Running Club.
- Meditate every day – I want to keep this habit going. But I want to delve into some new meditation techniques as well and also want to learn and practice holotropic breathwork.
- Read 1 book every 45 days – This is what I really want to achieve. It’s not much for book lovers, but for me who is a slow reader, it will be an achievement. So with this speed of 6.6 pages per day and I’ll be able to read 8 books at least in the year.
- Blog and podcast every week – I want to publish 1 regular post every week, 1 Saturday-Pentacle post every week and 1 podcast every week. If I achieve this I’ll be really happy. Point of this whole creative goal is consistency.
- Discover 50 vegan cafes this year – Since I’m trying out veganism, I want to visit 50 vegan eateries and try out different vegan foods and then travel some more.
- Do at least 5 creative collaborations – But apart from podcast guests. Even if they are commercial collaborations doesn’t matter, but it should be creative in nature.
- Visit one place outside of my country – I’ve never been outside of my country (India), so I want to keep this one resolution to be able to visit one foreign place in 2019.
- Be amongst the circle of people I look up to and adore. Yes! This one! Because remember –
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time around.”
So I want to keep creating and persevere the momentum I found in the things that actually matter.
That’s about it for this year’s resolution list.
Until next time!
Thanks for reading.
What are your new year resolutions this year? Please comment on this post or reply to me directly and let me know. I will love to hear from you.
A Quote I’m pondering on lately –
“We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.”
— Lynn Hall