[Photo Courtesy – Chirag & @we_tattoo]
The third interview is here!
In this episode I’m talking to Chirag Jhala, he is one of the best Tattoo Artists in Mumbai and the Founder of ‘Inks N Needles’ tattoo studio. His studio is one of the oldest tattoo studios in Bombay. His experience goes back to more than 15 years in the Tattoo industry. Chirag is the perfect example of architecting a lifestyle of his own choice. He comes from a completely different academic background but his passion for art was so powerful that he put everything on the line to pursue his passion and now he gets paid well while doing what he loves.
In this episode, we talk about his journey from starting up as one of the very few tattoo artists in India in the times when tattooing was more of a taboo than an acceptable art form. We cover a lot in this episode from tattoo designing, his travels to Germany and other parts of the world, his creative process, how he handles his tattoo business and much much more. There are a lot of things which you’ll find directly or indirectly useful to you, even if you are not related tattoos in any way and you will be able to implement them in your own life.
Links and references from the episode –
Person’s mentioned in this episode –
- An Awesome Dine-in experience in Paris – Chai 33, Bercy, Paris (Chai 33 is pronounced like “Shay Traun Traun”)
- Chef Phil in Nepal
- Chirag’s Japanese Tattoo – Tebori Tattoo Art – [In this tattoo style they use wooden rods with needles at the end and they are poked with hands to your skin]
- People who are naked have less amount of embarrassment than the ones watching.
- All that Glitters is not gold [Reference– William Shakespeare’s play The Merchant of Venice]
- If your base is stronger, doesn’t matter what you build on it, it’s gonna stay strong. Basics are the key to everything.
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph By Ryan Holiday (Referred by Himanshu) [Side note – Read the blog post The Canvas Strategy by Ryan Holiday, it’s great.]
My Twitter handle: twitter.com/h1m4n5hu
Credits and License:
Outro background – Tight Shorts – Andrew Applepie
Listen to the show in iTunes – click here.